The artificial lake Kremaston was formed after the construction of the dam (1965) near the confluence of the rivers Acheloos, Agrafioti and Tayropos (Megdowa).
The bridge has a height of 160 m, a length of 457 m and a base width of 670 m. The Kremasta hydroelectric plant, one of the most important technical works in the country, secures significant quantities of electricity.
The creation of the artificial lake has resulted in increasing biodiversity and improving the climatic conditions of the area.
The bridge of Episkopi in Lake Kremaston connects the regional sections of Aitoloakarnania and Evritania.
The "Tsagaralona" location, close to Evrytania Snakes, offers a magnificent view of Lake Kremaston and the Episkopi Bridge.
Equally beautiful is the view of Lake Kremaston from Episkopi Evritania (modern graphic settlement, built on a hill) and from Tripotamos Evritania (near the village is the historical monastery of Tatarna, founded in 1555/1556 and formerly known as monastery of Panagia Faneromeni).
Special mention should be made at the Manolis Bridge, a historic listed monument of Lake Kremasta, dating back to 1654 and partly covered by periods depending on the lake's water level. According to tradition, the bridge owes its name to the mastermaster Manolis, who was descended from Dafni Evritania.
Moreover, Lake Kremaston offers beautiful canoeing - kayak routes, which allow the lovers of alternative forms of tourism.